As the holidays are among us, it is time to take plenty of photos to commemorate the days spent with friends and family. It is also a time to document the decor of the season. As you snap photos this season. here are few tips for great holiday photos.
1) Get up close with your Christmas decorations. You can take beautiful photos that will document how you decorated for the season, however, you can also put them to good use! Set-up some shots and use them for this years Christmas cards. Everyone will admire your original designs. I designed some cards this year and had them printed for a very reasonable price at vistaprint.
2) You may already know this, but Christmas lights make for a great backdrop. The bokeh creates a fun illuminated effect that is sure to flatter your subject.
3) If you are taking family photos, try to take them in their natural environment. A place that is familiar to people, especially children, will make them appear more comfortable than if they were elsewhere. I also like to allow them to pose very naturally or else they will look awkward…and no one wants a robotic looking photo!
4. Capture the ambience. One of the great things about the holiday season is the ambience as a result of the beautiful decor. Capture that glow utilizing the ambient lighting around you.
5) Capture the moments. This is one of the greatest things about this time of year anyways, right? There are many moments that you might want to remember. They can be small moments, such as painting your own decorations or trimming the tree. No matter which instances you capture, they’re all nice to have for a photo album, scrapbook, or simply for the memory.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and make sure to take some great photos!