After recently buying a home, there are a lot of things that I am willing to buy (when I am financially able), but a few things that that would be simpler just to make on my own. When I realized (now that I FINALLY own a dishwasher) that I could really use a clean/dirty magnet, honestly, I didn’t even know where to find one! I decided to get a little creative and make one.
By the way, everything that I purchased came from Michaels.
Here is a quick and easy way to create your own embellished dishwasher magnets! At the bottom, you’ll see two magnets in the photo because I made one for my employer’s dishwasher as well. 🙂
• Wood base (I found a bag of pieces ranging in size)
• Sticker Letters (you can find these in the scrapbooking section)
• Sticky magnets
• Starfish, gemstones, or any other embellishments
1. Choose a piece of wood that works for you. Of course, you don’t want it to be too large and gaudy, but you also don’t want it to be so small that the letters don’t fit.
2. Stick the letters accordingly. You can also buy gluable letters – I happened to have sticky ones lying around from scrapbooking in the past.
3. Embellish it as you wish! I decided to use a starfish, pearls, and gemstones (I made two magnets). Glue the gems and starfish (or anything you pick) accordingly.
4. Stick the button magnets on the back of the wood. If you use a larger piece of wood, you may need to use at least 4 to hold the weight.
That’s it! Now your dishwasher will look fabulous and you’ll know whether the dishes are dirty or clean. 🙂